2.25.2013

31 Day (Week) Challenge - Day 4: Green Nails

Hey guys!

I'm so excited to show you all today's challenge mani!!

We have GREEN for this week's theme! The design that I have is probably a bit much for some of these earlier "easy" challenges, but I've been wanting to do this for a while now. Take a look!


After I started the design, I realized that I would need a lot more blues and purples to get an actual peacock look, so I'm not going to say that this is a peacock design. It's peacock inspired! I used a lot of different shades of green to get this look but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. You will definitely be seeing me trying out this design again with a wider ranger of colors!


To get this design, I used a tiny brush to get the smaller strokes and medium and small sized dotting tools to get the two smaller spots for the eye.

The polishes I used (in order) were:

For the base...
Zoya Edyta
L'oreal Because You're Worth It
Revlon Colorstay Fall Mood
Zoya Yara
Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss 
 
For the eye...
Revlon Top Speed Golden
Revlon Scented Parfume Ocean Breeze
Spoiled The Parking Meteor Expired 

Oh and btw, Revlon Scented Parfume Ocean Breeze actually smells amazing! And it's such a pretty color!


I think I could have done better with this design, but I'm happy with how it turned out considering this was the first time I've tried this type of look. I will definitely be trying it again with more colors as I mentioned above! 

I think I will be trying a simple look for next week's challenge :)

My friend, My Life In Turquoise, is also doing the challenge so don't forget to check out her page as well!!

4 down, 27 more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment