2.18.2013

31 Day (Week) Challenge - Day 3: Yellow Nails

Week 3 is here everyone! I hope you all had a great week! I have another great look for you. At first, I couldn't think of anything to do with the color yellow. In the past, whenever I wanted to have yellow nails, I would just keep them plain so this was a tough one.

First, I was thinking of doing something with smiley faces, or emoticons, but I thought it would look too goofy on me. Yellow is a very Spring-like color so I ended up doing something related to Spring!


To get this look, I started out with my favorite base coat, and then used Revlon Sunshine Sparkle. I needed to put on two coats of this since it was a bit light and you could see my nails through the first coat.

I let it dry completely and then started to make the bees and the bee paths. I used Wet N Wild Black Creme and the thinnest stripe brush that I have. After that dried, I used Sally Hansen White to add the wings to the bees.


I really like how this turned out! I think it's cute and reminds me of Spring during this extremely cold weather we have right now. The best part about this is that I think anyone can do this! It's very easy and all you really have to do to recreate this look is make some lines and ovals.

Check out my friend's yellow nails at My Life In Turquoise!!

3 down and 28 more to go! See you all next week with my GREEN manicure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment