The Crumpet'sTri-Polish Challenge is back for the month of May! I have the first post for that challenge for you today. But first, let me go over the rules again:
- Crumpet's Nail Tarts will be choosing three colors each month and you must ONLY use those three colors to create the manicures
- The colors for May are Grey, Red, & Blue
- That being said, you have free use of white, black, silver, gold, and glitter toppers
- You must choose 1 polish to represent each color choice and use the same three polishes throughout the challenge
- The challenge has 4 posts each month: the Tuesday and Thursday of the 3rd and 4th week of each month
- For May: 21, 23, 28, 30
|Revlon Midnight Haze, Revlon Revlon Red, Revlon Coast is Clear|
Now onto the good stuff! I decided to do ikat print for the first day of the challenge because I really wanted to do it in April but ended up not doing it. I also love how ikat looks and how the manicures for it end up turning out! Take a look at it.
To get this look:
- I wanted to have a lighter base color so after applying my base coat, I used Revlon Coast is Clear as my base polish color.
- I then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and a small detail brush to create white triangles on all of my nails.
- After the white had dried, I used Revlon Revlon Red to create a smaller, red triangle within the white triangles.
- Normally, the next step would use black polish, but since this is the first manicure for May's Tri-Polish Challenge, I wanted to use all three polishes. I used Revlon Midnight Haze to imperfectly outline the white triangles and then add a smaller triangle within all of the red triangles.
- I sealed the deal with my favorite top coat.
I absolutely love how it turned out! It's a cleaner version of the ikat because it is really supposed to be a little more rough looking (to compare, take a look at my other ikat print manicure) but I still like it.
What do you all think of it? Let me know in the comments section below!
Take a look at the other great manicures for the first post in the Tri-Polish Challenge!