5.21.2013

Tri-Polish Challenge (May #1) - Ikat Print

Hey guys!

The Crumpet'sTri-Polish Challenge is back for the month of May! I have the first post for that challenge for you today. But first, let me go over the rules again:

Rules:
  • Crumpet's Nail Tarts will be choosing three colors each month and you must ONLY use those three colors to create the manicures
    • The colors for May are Grey, Red, & Blue
  • That being said, you have free use of white, black, silver, gold, and glitter toppers
  • You must choose 1 polish to represent each color choice and use the same three polishes throughout the challenge
  • The challenge has 4 posts each month: the Tuesday and Thursday of the 3rd and 4th week of each month 
    • For May: 21, 23, 28, 30
 The brands/colors that I ended up choosing are:

Revlon Midnight Haze, Revlon Revlon Red, Revlon Coast is Clear
Revlon Midnight Haze is a metallic shimmery grey, Revlon Revlon Red is a bright red creme, and Revlon Coast is Clear is a light shimmery tiffany blue.

Now onto the good stuff! I decided to do ikat print for the first day of the challenge because I really wanted to do it in April but ended up not doing it. I also love how ikat looks and how the manicures for it end up turning out! Take a look at it.


 To get this look:
  • I wanted to have a lighter base color so after applying my base coat, I used Revlon Coast is Clear as my base polish color.
  • I then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and a small detail brush to create white triangles on all of my nails.
  • After the white had dried, I used Revlon Revlon Red to create a smaller, red triangle within the white triangles.
  • Normally, the next step would use black polish, but since this is the first manicure for May's Tri-Polish Challenge, I wanted to use all three polishes. I used Revlon Midnight Haze to imperfectly outline the white triangles and then add a smaller triangle within all of the red triangles.
  • I sealed the deal with my favorite top coat.


I absolutely love how it turned out! It's a cleaner version of the ikat because it is really supposed to be a little more rough looking (to compare, take a look at my other ikat print manicure) but I still like it.

What do you all think of it? Let me know in the comments section below!

Take a look at the other great manicures for the first post in the Tri-Polish Challenge!



5 comments:

  1. Pretty!! I have not tried this yet. Too scared I will mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it, it doesn't have to be perfect so it's alright if you do end up messing it up :P I think messing it up makes it look better!

      Delete
  2. Wow, thats really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Btw, I LOVE your name!! Especially because I ended up chipping off the side of my thumb nail :(

      Delete